- Sarat Chandra Das(born 1849- 1917) - Most noted for his two journeys to Tibet in 1879 and 1881-82
- Mandeep Singh Soin (Born 9 March 1957) - Fellow of Royal Geographical Society, UK; An adventure traveler and Eco-tourism expert, Founder President of Eco-tourism Society of India.
- Suresh Biswas (Born 1851, Nathpur, Bengal, British India - 22 Sept. 1905, Brazil)- Famous 19th century adventurer from India - First Indian to migrate to Brazil and retired from a rank of Colonel at same.
- Nain Singh Rawat (1830-1895) - Explored the Himalayas for British; Mapped a route through Nepal to Tibet, Located and found the Altitude of Lhasa for first time. Worked in Great Trigonometrical Survey.
- Krishana Singh Rawat (Cousin of Nain Singh Rawat) : Followed the Northern trade route from Lhasa, Xinjiang and China up to Dunhuang. On way back explored the eastern Tibetan border region.
- Charu Sharma - power woman( born March 24, 1992) - Explorer, Athlete, Performer & Writer. Expeditions to all 7 continents, 5 national awards and a chapter in 11th class in the English Textbook.
- Joydeep Sircar( born 1947) - Mountain traveler and historian ; published - Himalayan handbook in 1979.
- Mani Singh Rawat(Elder Cousin of Nain Singh Rawat) - worked for the exploration of the Central Asia.
- Bimal Mukherji (1903- 1996 Bengali) - First Indian to travel the world on bi-cycle from 1926 to 37.
(Ref : Wikipedia)