|Standing with a participant of Chhadi Yatra 2017 at ShriKhand Kailash, 2017|
|Manimahesh Lake and Kailash, July 2016|
|A downward view up from close to Nain-Sarovar, Shrikhand Kailash yatra 2017|
Other may suggest that it is less than 30 or more than 40 kms, but mind that the hike is not on the smooth floor and neither is it straight. One has to climb the big boulders and serpentine ridges. Don't underestimate or overestimate.
- Attempt only if you are in good shape and strength. If you want to attempt, please start running and other exercises months ahead.
- Do not take the chance with the altitude sickness, it can take your life. If you are not accustomed to higher altitude the lack of oxygen can be a very big problem, therefore either must have already trekked up to elevations above 4500 metres or take 3-4 days night halts at different locations along this trek. These halts will allow your body to acclimatize to this higher elevation climate.
- Diamox is a must, because altitude is very high and you must not take chances with your body. Take one tablet, one day prior to the day you will reach the top. You may not need it if you already have been at such heights.
- Take warm clothes with you, assume that it is a cold winter season up there, and it really is.
- Keep a cash of about 4-5 thousand rupees for buying the camping and food facility along the trek.
- Always keep a water bottle of about 2 litres with you, you will not get any water in the last 5-8 kilometers of the steep pebbled trek. You will get ice, but it does not melt in the bottle and it is harmful to eat it.
- Keep the dry fruits with you, such as almonds and cashew nuts, they are your light weight energy packs.
- Keep the rain coat with you, also can take the umbrella, but that can become inconvenient to engage one hand to hold it, or resist the fast blowing winds.
- Sun-glasses and sun screen cream are also required, else just like I got it, you may get the sun-burn on your face.
- Please don't litter the place with plastic bags or bottles, carry them back with you and dispose them in dustbins or give them to the local shopkeepers to dispose.
- Don't hurry, keep a pace which becomes a rhythm of your heart, whenever you feel uncomfortable with the breathing, please do take rest, it is not a competition. Have a sip of water, catch your breathe and then start again.
How to Reach
|View Barathi Naala from the trek reaching up to Thachru, Shrikhand Kailash yatra 2017|
I got JIO signal at Kaali-ghati and Thachru only, not at Kunsha.
From Kaali-Ghati, at around 3900-4000 metres elevation, you have to take a descent of about 2-3 kilometers to reach Bhim Talai at about 3700 metres elevation.
|Temporary tents and camps, on the way to Kunsha, Shrikhand Kailash yatra 2017|
|Inside a typical temporary tent, on the Trek to ShriKhand Kailash - July 2017|
|A bright moon shining upon the white clouds at 4:00 AM on 9th July 2017 - Shrikhand Kailash Yatra 2017|
|Nain Sarovar - a close view - ShriKhand Kailash Yatra 2017|
|A click with newfound friends - Shrikhand Kailash Yatra 2017|